A hosting account is the computer your Web site is stored on. It is specially set up so that people can access your Web site when they type in your domain name.
I recommend Hostgator because I think it works well, is compatible with the systems I set up for my clients, and reliable. Hostgator is the one I chose for my own Web sites.
If you choose Hostgator Click Here to purchase your account. You get much better prices if you buy three years at a time, so decide what you want and make the purchase.
- After clicking the link above you will see the Hostgator main page. Click the orange "View Web Hosting Plans button. Then choose the plan you want:
- If you will only need one Web site choose the 'Hatchling' Plan
- If you will need more than one site choose the 'Baby' Plan
- I recommend that you purchase at least one year at a time. You get discounts if you purchase more.
- After choosing a plan you will come to a screenwith two choices ("Register a New Domain" and I Currently Have a Domain Name"). Type your domain name into the second one ("I Currently Have A Domain Name") and click the "Continue to Step 2" button. Then check out with your credit card.
- When your account is set up, usually within an hour or so, Hostgator will send you and email with your account information, log-in, etc. Please forward that email to me so I can begin work on your site.
Important: You will want Linux hosting. If you will only have one Web site ever pick a 'Hatchling' account on Hostgator. If you plan to have more than one Web site choose a 'Baby' plan on Hostgator. Whichever hosting company you choose, you will recieve an email detailing a lot of technical information once you have signed up and paid. Please forward this email to me. I will need it to get your Web site onto the Web.